Here's one of our most difficult build to date.
We mated a 1960 Vespa 400 Microcar with a Harley Davidson 1200cc engine.
Oh, and we mounted it sideways in the rear!
Take a Vespa, add a Harley and it becomes...a Varley..
Below you can see how it all started.
This is the day it came home. We decided it needed a full build.
But, as usual, we did it a little different.
Once we had the engine out, we had to figure out how to mount the Harley Engine.
We added new Firewall front and sides to smooth and strengthen that area. (There are
also reinforcement brackets behind the panels.) Then we made a "cradle" to support the motor.
The engine is a chromed out Harley 1200cc. It had 2,000 miles on it.
Don't tell the original owner. It was his pride and joy.
We filled the dash, built a new firewall and replaced all the floors.
We also made a glovebox door..
As with our other builds, we took the body to Michigan to be dip stripped and dip
primed using PPG E-Coat.
Then we built a new gauge pod, grille and stainless tanks.
We made the oil tank and roll bar...
After we made the engine mounts and mocked it all up one last time, it went for paint
With the engine mounted sideways, we had to use sprockets, jackshafts, halfshafts
and a Mitsubishi rear to make it all work. It took quite a bit to get it all figured out, but it runs great!
Back from paint, the fun started all over again as we put it back together..
We put the newly fabricated dash in and started the hours upon hours of wiring...
Lastly, we built our own exhaust..
If you want to drop us a line, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org